Delivery Info and FAQs
The ThaiSo kitchen is located in High Halden near Tenterden, Kent
We currently deliver to the following postcodes:
Friday Evenings (17:30 - 21:00)
- All TN27 postcodes
- TN30 6* (Tenterden) and TN30 7 (Appledore Rd / Reading Street)
- TN26 1*, TN26 2*, TN26 3*
- ME17 3* (Sutton Valence)
Saturday Evenings (17:30 - 21:00)
- All TN17 postcodes
- All TN18 postcodes
- TN12 0* (Staplehurst), TN12 9* (Marden)
We provide two levels of delivery service
- Temperature-controlled delivery with specified timeslot - this option costs £4.50 and the food is transported in powered hot ovens - you can select a specific timeslot for your delivery
- Super Saver Free Delivery - this is, as the name suggests, FREE - however, we transport your food in standard thermally insulated food boxes so your food may not be hot when you receive it - however, you can always pop it in the microwave for 1 minute to get it piping hot again. You also cannot choose a very specific timeslot for delivery - however, you will still be able to use the driver tracking system to see where your driver is - the driver will deliver with the shortest possible route in the fastest possible time.
We limit the number of orders per time-slot so that it is physically possible for us to deliver to you.
Our order cut-off time is usually 10pm the night before the delivery day but it depends on how busy we are. Sometimes we have to disable the online ordering system if we are experiencing high demand.
We fully respect Covid-19 social distancing measures. When we deliver to you we will maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from you and will place the bags on your doorstep. We also have strict infection-control measures in place in our kitchen.
We are open from Tuesday to Saturday 10 AM until 9 PM. This is not the same as our delivery days - please see the above section titled "Do you deliver to my postcode"
We are a small business so, during a busy service, all hands will be on-deck in the kitchen. If you try to call us in the middle of the day we may be unable to answer the phone or messages immediately. We will endeavour to call you back or contact you but sometimes this may not be possible. This is the reason why we have an order cutoff time (please see above).
We are a small and growing business but, as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic, the business has now become our main livelihood and source of income. We have very recently hit the threshold for VAT registration which means that we now have to pay the Government 20% of our turnover. We have tried to absorb as much of this as possible ourselves but we cannot absorb it all without the business becoming unviable. We are continuing to use the best possible quality ingredients, including high-welfare free range and locally-produced "Pasture for Life" meat along with providing a higher standard of delivery service, so we hope that you will understand and feel that this is something worth paying slightly over the odds for.
Yes, absolutely! All of our curries, pad Thai and stir-fries can be made gluten free. Unfortunately our chicken satay skewers, spring rolls and sesame prawn toast cannot (for the time being).